Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problem with serial link to Arduino Uno(Followed the video and got stuck)
Problem with serial link to Arduino Uno [message #1743759] Mon, 19 September 2016 13:21 Go to next message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
From Marketplace I installed "Eclipse C++ IDE for Arduino 2.0" on Neon Release (4.6.0) Build id: 20160613-1800.

I followed the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtPvkPpAx0E.

Everything works, when I do a blinking program.

When I try to open a command shell for the Uno connection I get a null pointer exception.

The software seem to run but nothing comes back from the Aduino Uno board over the serial channel.

What could be the cause and how to fix that?

Rolf
Re: Problem with serial link to Arduino Uno [message #1743775 is a reply to message #1743759] Mon, 19 September 2016 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
I think you missed the part of the video where I mention raising bugs when you see things broken Smile

I'll need to see logs to see why it failed.
Re: Problem with serial link to Arduino Uno [message #1743800 is a reply to message #1743775] Mon, 19 September 2016 16:53 Go to previous message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2016-09-19 18:45:18.641
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Making Connection".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.remote.internal.console.TerminalConsoleConnector$1.run(TerminalConsoleConnector.java:145)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Doug, I also have attached a screenshot of the Eclipse windows. You may see something that I don't.

Another interesting thing is, that Eclipse stays locked when I leave it after the null-pointer-exception. I have to delete .metadata/.lock manually.
And very astonishing is that I can connect a consol to the serial port of Arduino Uno after I restart Eclipse . ArduinoTest is still loaded and running.
Another observation is, that the running software gets reset if I disconnect and reconnect a consol to the serial port. It's not that this is a problem but I like to understand in detail what is happening while I am testing software.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 September 2016 17:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:problem setting "path and symbols" within the eclipse-based Xilinx SDK
Next Topic:Where to change colors for pop-up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:36:07 GMT 2024