Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Problem running java application on Ubuntu(manifest attribute not found)
Problem running java application on Ubuntu [message #1742688] Tue, 06 September 2016 16:06 Go to next message
Claudio Farinati is currently offline Claudio FarinatiFriend
I have some applications developed with Eclipse and running on windows.
Now I'm trying Ubuntu. I have copied workspace and mi data file on a Ubuntu disk, modified all plarform dependency (\ and /, upper and lower case, etc) and all work fine under eclipse.
To launch the application on windows I used tu run this command:
java -cp AM.jar;Ft.jar foto/Ft ft D:\Foto d:\foto\Proiezioni
where AM.jar contains packages with general purpose class, Ft.jar contain my application's package, foto/Ft is package/class to start The others items are arguments to pass to application. The jar file are created with Eclipse export function.
I've made the same on Ubuntu to create the jar file and I've tried to launch this command:
java -cp /home/claudio/cat/AM.jar;/home/claudio/cat/Ft.jar foto/Ft /home/claudio/cat/ft /media/claudio/Dati/Foto
where all paths are given complete.
java return this message:
no main manifest attribute in /home/claudio/cat/Ft.jar (translated from italian, so it could not be exactly the english message).
I have take a look in the windows and Ubuntu Ft.jar and bot are the same, with manifest files having only a line "Manifest-Version: 1.0"
Some help?
Thanks
Claudio
Re: Problem running java application on Ubuntu [message #1742695 is a reply to message #1742688] Tue, 06 September 2016 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
On linux the path separator is ':' not ';'
Also the name of the main class should be given as "foto.Ft" not "foto/Ft".
HTH
Stephan
Re: Problem running java application on Ubuntu [message #1742750 is a reply to message #1742695] Wed, 07 September 2016 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Farinati is currently offline Claudio FarinatiFriend
Many thanks: now all is right.
I though that java VM uses the same syntax in all environment for its own parameters.
Claudio
Re: Problem running java application on Ubuntu [message #1742818 is a reply to message #1742750] Wed, 07 September 2016 20:28 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Quote:
I though that java VM uses the same syntax in all environment for its own parameters.

It can't. On linux ';' is interpreted by the shell, the JVM will never even see what comes after the semi Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2016 21:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to fix unsupported major.minor 52.0
Next Topic:Tomcat in Eclipse is suddenly failing to find Spring ApplicationListener class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:18:58 GMT 2024