Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Changing persisted perspective
Changing persisted perspective [message #1742099] Wed, 31 August 2016 12:21 Go to next message
Marcin Kokoszka is currently offline Marcin KokoszkaFriend
Hello all,

In my application (E4 RCP, Eclips Mars) I have two different perspectives. The clearPersistedState flag is not set so after starting the application the last active perspective is always activated. How can change the perspective which should be activated (change the persisted state) during application startup?
Currently I use the ePartService.switchPerspective(otherPerspective); at the event handler which listens for APP_STARTUP_COMPLETE event. Problem is that my app opens the persisted perspective first and then switches to the new one and user can see for a short moment that something happens. Is there any possibility to do the same in some other way?

Thank You in advance for any tips!

Best regards
Marcin K.
Re: Changing persisted perspective [message #1743896 is a reply to message #1742099] Tue, 20 September 2016 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
py e4 is currently offline py e4Friend
have you tried the command line option -perspective ... ?
Re: Changing persisted perspective [message #1744794 is a reply to message #1743896] Fri, 30 September 2016 09:18 Go to previous message
Marcin Kokoszka is currently offline Marcin KokoszkaFriend
It works. Instead of setting the default perspective via command line my app sets the system property at startup based on different conditions.

Thank you very much for the hint!
Previous Topic:Eclipse 3.X to 4.X (Deprecated IWorkbenchWindowConfigurer Functions)
Next Topic:Spies will not install on Mars 4.5.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:14:25 GMT 2024