Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Terminal rule operators in DataType rules
Terminal rule operators in DataType rules [message #1741412] Wed, 24 August 2016 20:34 Go to next message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
Are all operators of terminal rules (regex, ranges, wildcard, until, negations) supported in DataType rules or are there some restrictions?

(I'm using Xtext 2.10).

Re: Terminal rule operators in DataType rules [message #1741433 is a reply to message #1741412] Thu, 25 August 2016 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
since datatype rules are parser rule i would say: none

Need professional support for Xtext, Xpand, EMF?
Go to: https://www.itemis.com/en/it-services/methods-and-tools/xtext
Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Terminal rule operators in DataType rules [message #1741484 is a reply to message #1741433] Thu, 25 August 2016 13:56 Go to previous message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
I think that I was confused by the phrasing in the docs which state that "They are quite similar to terminal rules", and since you can use ?, * and + in both, I assumed that other operators could also be used.

So the similarity between DataType rules and terminal rules is the return type and the use of ?, * and +? or is there something else?

Thanks

Previous Topic:Strange org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.IllegalValueException: Value 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EAttribut
Next Topic:problem with my org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.packrat.PackratParserFragment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 17 22:02:53 GMT 2021