Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Target platform resolution hits outdated repositories
Target platform resolution hits outdated repositories [message #1741258] Wed, 24 August 2016 08:42
Peter Kullmann is currently offline Peter KullmannFriend
After I have changed most of my target platform specifications to use our local nexus I noticed that during resolution many remote p2 repositories are being loaded, at least the artifacts.

For example a simple target file could look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<?pde version="3.8"?>

<target name="My Build Target" sequenceNumber="33">
<locations>
<location includeAllPlatforms="false" includeConfigurePhase="true" includeMode="slicer" includeSource="true" type="InstallableUnit">
<unit id="org.eclipse.equinox.serverside.sdk.feature.group" version="0.0.0"/>
<repository location="https://dat.arenae.ch/nexus/content/repositories/eclipse-neon/" />
</location>
</locations>
</target>

When resolving I can sometimes see in the progress view that eclipse updates 4.5 artifacts.jar is being loaded and other repositories that are not relevant for the resolution of the target.

I can imagine that p2 contacts all known artifact repositories when loading the necessary artifacts. In particular any local repositories should be preferred over remote repositories. But in this case it doesn't make much sense to check whether other remote repositories contain the artifacts that my fast local nexus already has.

Peter
Previous Topic:Where do I find the Class(es) that Eclipse uses to write Manifest files?
Next Topic:Modification of AST, according to the change in source code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:39:14 GMT 2024