Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » Neon JS Autocompletion(js autocompletion is not working as expected (coming from Mars))
Neon JS Autocompletion [message #1740617] Tue, 16 August 2016 09:52 Go to next message
Roman Scherzer is currently offline Roman ScherzerFriend
I have some major problems with Neon's javascript autocompletion. It's not working like I know...but maybe it's a simple setting which changed. Would be great if someone can give me a hint/direction....

Background:
I got a Mars.2 environment where js autocompletion works fine. Standard one and for some custom js lib.
After switching to Neon CTRL-SPACE doesn't show the autocompletion anymore. It does pickup some values which can be found in the current source file but not the general ones. I've tested the js userlib assignments, and all looks ok to me. Same for Content Assist settings. Switchting back to Mars brings the functionality back.

So I tried the following basic steps. Have a brand new eclipse neon (eclipse-jee-neon-R-win32-x86_64) installation, new workspace, no old .eclipse settings. Start a plain empty js project with a simple function and type "window. + CTRL-SPACE". This doesn't bring up any autocompletion like window.confirm or window.alert, etc. This works flawlessly in Mars.2

So...did I oversee any special new setting?
Any help is highly appreciated.
Re: Neon JS Autocompletion [message #1740710 is a reply to message #1740617] Wed, 17 August 2016 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Serge Burtsev is currently offline Serge BurtsevFriend
I have same issue
Re: Neon JS Autocompletion [message #1744598 is a reply to message #1740710] Wed, 28 September 2016 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And still the same problem in neon.1 Crying or Very Sad
Re: Neon JS Autocompletion [message #1751274 is a reply to message #1744598] Fri, 06 January 2017 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris St. Onge is currently offline Chris St. OngeFriend
I made a post about this as well and they never answered. Maybe file a bug report?

Edit: actually somebody did file a bug report:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=507782

[Updated on: Fri, 06 January 2017 19:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Neon JS Autocompletion [message #1752380 is a reply to message #1751274] Mon, 23 January 2017 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to know that I'm not alone....since they seem to be so proud about JSDT with Neon I really wondered if I do something wrong....
Actually I also failed a bug report a long time ago
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=504057

...but it only got moved to the JSDT forum.....and no answer yet.

At least the other bug report got an answer which gives a bit of hope that it gets fixed.....hopefully soon
Re: Neon JS Autocompletion [message #1771181 is a reply to message #1752380] Tue, 22 August 2017 16:25 Go to previous message
toni iglesia is currently offline toni iglesiaFriend
hi,

there is any solution? i have the same problem noadays..

kind regards!
Previous Topic:POST Request ignoring submitted data
Next Topic:Proper way to implement cancellable validators/validators occasionally running "forever"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:45:54 GMT 2024