Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Null pointer exception parsing remote addr2line output
Null pointer exception parsing remote addr2line output [message #1740551] Mon, 15 August 2016 15:53
David Wootton is currently offline David WoottonFriend
I'm trying to run the Eclipse NEON version of the Linuxtools gmon reader remotely, where the back end system is an IBM Power 8 little endian system running Red Hat Linux 7.2 and my Eclipse is running on Windows 7.

When I'm trying to read the gmon.out file, I get a null pointer exception with the following traceback fragment

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.regex.Matcher.getTextLength(Matcher.java:1294)
at java.util.regex.Matcher.reset(Matcher.java:320)
at java.util.regex.Matcher.<init>(Matcher.java:240)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.matcher(Pattern.java:1104)
at org.eclipse.cdt.utils.Addr2line.parserOutput(Addr2line.java:147)
at org.eclipse.cdt.utils.Addr2line.getLineNumber(Addr2line.java:119)
at org.eclipse.linuxtools.binutils.utils.STSymbolManager.getLineNumber(STSymbolManager.java:220)

Trying to debug this, the line number passed to Addr2line.getLineNumber is valid. The path to the executable and the remote connection object passed to the RemoteAddr2line constructor are valid, the params are an empty string and the project is null.

It looks like the addr2line command that gets invoked is 'addr2line -C -f -e a.out'

If I run this command manually on the Linux system and provide the same address, adrr2line works.

In the case of the exception, it appears that the code that reads the remote response to addr2line is returning null.

Any idea what's going wrong?

Previous Topic:Error on Hello world itself! :(
Next Topic:gcov profile tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:54:25 GMT 2024