Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Project References(Too many builds happening)
Project References [message #1739951] Fri, 05 August 2016 20:57
Jack Griffin is currently offline Jack GriffinFriend
I have multiple c++ projects in an eclipse workspace. Most of them build static libraries (L1, L2, L3, & L4). One of them (E1) builds an executable. For the executable I have multiple configurations (A, B). For configuration A, the executable depends on all four libraries. For configuration B, the executable only depends on two of the libraries.

E1 - A
L1 - A
L2 - A
L3 - A
L4 - A

E1 - B
L1 - B
L2 - B

With Eclipse CDT (MARS), I setup these dependencies under C/C++ General, Paths and Symbols, References. I set the references for configuration A different than configuration B.

However, it seems when I change the build configuration, the super set of the dependencies seems to get moved up to the build properties "Project References". Since this is the case, when I build project E1 configuration B, it actually builds L1, L2, L3 and L4, and since L3 and L4 don't have a configuration B, it builds configuration A. It does NOT link with these libraries so the build work as expected, I just get the extra builds. Is this expected behavior? Am I doing something wrong in my setup.

Note, all of this is using the cross compiler setup building on a windows box (Windows 10) targeting an ARM processor.

Thanks
Jack Griffin
Previous Topic:Neon "Defaults" / permissions?
Next Topic:An error has occurred. See the log file /home/user/workspace/.metadata/.log.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:04:07 GMT 2024