Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Changing perspectives/tabs draws phantom controls for a split second.
Changing perspectives/tabs draws phantom controls for a split second. [message #1739667] Wed, 03 August 2016 15:58
Daniel Bakonyi is currently offline Daniel BakonyiFriend
Hi,

we have an RCP application that uses multiple perspectives and tabs, and changing between them is frequent.
Switched from e3 to e4, and changing tabs looks horrible. It draws some controls on the screen for a split second, then the correct page comes in, and these disappear.
I attached a small video demonstrating the problem, and the interesting frames as images. (Image2 has the "phantoms")

First I thought it was because of the compatibility layer, or because of our code, but I noticed the same problem in my eclipse IDE, so it seems the problem is not with our code.

I tried to search for a bug report about this, but there are so many bugs, I could not find this particular problem, but I really hope there are plans to address this. (Tried Oxygen nightly and sadly it is the same there too.)

Does anyone know about a way to fix or hide this?
Or at least about the reported bug?
Previous Topic:Add menu to scrolled Form Toolbar
Next Topic:Get position or triggering mouse event of MPopupMenu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 22:35:38 GMT 2017