Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » org.eclipse.ecf not contained in ECF SDK
org.eclipse.ecf not contained in ECF SDK [message #1739540] Tue, 02 August 2016 18:23 Go to next message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
I have included the ECF SDK for Eclipse and ECF Remote Services features in my target definition. Now I am trying to run one of the examples (com.mycorp.examples.student.remoteservice.host), but the bundles resolution cannot find org.eclipse.ecf in the target platform.

I ended up checking out the ecf git repo and importing the missing bundle... Should not installing the ECF SDK be sufficient?
Re: org.eclipse.ecf not contained in ECF SDK [message #1739550 is a reply to message #1739540] Tue, 02 August 2016 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
Erdal Karaca wrote on Tue, 02 August 2016 14:23
I have included the ECF SDK for Eclipse and ECF Remote Services features in my target definition. Now I am trying to run one of the examples (com.mycorp.examples.student.remoteservice.host), but the bundles resolution cannot find org.eclipse.ecf in the target platform.

I ended up checking out the ecf git repo and importing the missing bundle... Should not installing the ECF SDK be sufficient?

com.mycorp.examples.student.remoteservice.host is from the JaxRSProviders github repo:

https://github.com/ECF/JaxRSProviders/tree/master/examples

and so it does have some dependencies beyond the ECF SDK alone (e.g. jax rs standard classes...and to be exported with ECF RS one of the jax rs server providers (jersey or cxf) and their dependencies.

But it is also possible that this example might have (or had, since I've been working on this example over the past few days) a dependency on a newer version of parts of the ECF SDK. Here's the import-package statement for what's in the repo right now (this could look somewhat different from what you have):

Import-Package: com.mycorp.examples.student;version="1.0.0",
javax.ws.rs;version="2.0.1",
javax.ws.rs.client;version="2.0.1",
javax.ws.rs.container;version="2.0.1",
javax.ws.rs.core;version="2.0.1",
org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin;version="1.2.0",
org.osgi.framework;version="1.8.0",
org.osgi.service.component.annotations;version="1.2.0",
org.osgi.service.remoteserviceadmin;version="1.1.0"

The only ecf package here is org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin;version="1.2.0"

which has been released a few times without version number change so I doubt it's responsible for the resolution error you are seeing.

What is the resolution error that you are seeing? If you let me know here, I will try to diagnose further. Thanks.

Re: org.eclipse.ecf not contained in ECF SDK [message #1739553 is a reply to message #1739550] Tue, 02 August 2016 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
Hi Scott,
providers.jaxrs has this dependencies:

Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.ecf,
org.eclipse.equinox.common

There are many other ecf bundles depending on org.eclipse.ecf

In my target platform I am using the features of the Neon release update site.

The example seems to depend on the latest master state?

Scott Lewis wrote on Tue, 02 August 2016 22:16
Erdal Karaca wrote on Tue, 02 August 2016 14:23

com.mycorp.examples.student.remoteservice.host is from the JaxRSProviders github repo:

https://github.com/ECF/JaxRSProviders/tree/master/examples

and so it does have some dependencies beyond the ECF SDK alone (e.g. jax rs standard classes...and to be exported with ECF RS one of the jax rs server providers (jersey or cxf) and their dependencies.

But it is also possible that this example might have (or had, since I've been working on this example over the past few days) a dependency on a newer version of parts of the ECF SDK. Here's the import-package statement for what's in the repo right now (this could look somewhat different from what you have):

Import-Package: com.mycorp.examples.student;version="1.0.0",
javax.ws.rs;version="2.0.1",
javax.ws.rs.client;version="2.0.1",
javax.ws.rs.container;version="2.0.1",
javax.ws.rs.core;version="2.0.1",
org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin;version="1.2.0",
org.osgi.framework;version="1.8.0",
org.osgi.service.component.annotations;version="1.2.0",
org.osgi.service.remoteserviceadmin;version="1.1.0"

The only ecf package here is org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin;version="1.2.0"

which has been released a few times without version number change so I doubt it's responsible for the resolution error you are seeing.

What is the resolution error that you are seeing? If you let me know here, I will try to diagnose further. Thanks.

Re: org.eclipse.ecf not contained in ECF SDK [message #1739691 is a reply to message #1739553] Wed, 03 August 2016 20:42 Go to previous message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
Erdal Karaca wrote on Tue, 02 August 2016 16:38
Hi Scott,
providers.jaxrs has this dependencies:

Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.ecf,
org.eclipse.equinox.common

There are many other ecf bundles depending on org.eclipse.ecf

In my target platform I am using the features of the Neon release update site.

The example seems to depend on the latest master state?

Today I tested the latest of the CXF provider with the student example host on Karaf 4.0, using the Neon release version (ECF 3.13.1) and things resolved ok. So I don't think that the example depends upon master, although it's possible. What resolution error are you seeing?
Previous Topic:Register MessageBodyWriter Provider for use with jersey jax-rs
Next Topic:news.eclipse.org is shutting down.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:00:22 GMT 2024