Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » PDE Headless build with Eclipse 4.6 missing laucher(The native Launcher files missing if headless pde build is used.)
icon5.gif  PDE Headless build with Eclipse 4.6 missing laucher [message #1739288] Fri, 29 July 2016 11:31 Go to next message
Thomas Oettl is currently offline Thomas OettlFriend
We use the pde headless build, called by an ant script, to build an RCP Client on Windows and Linux.
Using the GUI export in the produc file resulting in an crrect Client (including the native launcher with configured icon and name).
But using the headless build the navtive laucher files are not build. Not the .exe file in windos build and not the natvie launcher in the linux Client. Does anyone know how to get a Client build headless including these natvie Launchers ?

Thanks for all hints!
Re: PDE Headless build with Eclipse 4.6 missing laucher [message #1740200 is a reply to message #1739288] Wed, 10 August 2016 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DEEPALI KARLEKAR is currently offline DEEPALI KARLEKARFriend
I have encountered the same issue with Eclipse 4.5.2 as well. I saw few old posts and the mentioned fixes like giving a unique name to the product and check "this product includes naive launcher artifacts" is already taken care. BUt I am still facing this issue.
I am trying to create an executor file for both 32bit windows as well as 64 bit. I am able to see the executor for 32 bit but for 64 bit, pDE builds are not generating that.
Any quick help is highly appreciated as we are stuck at this problem for a long time.
Re: PDE Headless build with Eclipse 4.6 missing laucher [message #1793161 is a reply to message #1740200] Tue, 31 July 2018 18:54 Go to previous message
Saravanan S is currently offline Saravanan SFriend
Hi,
I am trying to generate a PDE headless build, but eclipse is not generating any launcher file.

I am using following Eclipse Version :

Eclipse IDE for RCP and RAP Developers
Version: Photon Release (4.8.0)
Build id: 20180619-1200

This is my command to generate the build

$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -jar $ECLIPSE_LOCATION/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.5.0.v20180512-1130.jar -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile $BUILD_FILE -Dbuilder=$BUILD_CONFIG_LOCATION -DarchivePrefix=build -DbuildDirectory=$BUILD_LOCATION -DbaseLocation=$baseLocation -Dproduct=$product -DbuildId=$buildId -Dconfigs="$configs" -DarchiveNamePrefix=$archiveNamePrefix -DjavacSource=$javaVersion -DjavacTarget=$javaVersion
Previous Topic:Eclipse PDE build not generating launcher file
Next Topic:binding two explorers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:52:13 GMT 2024