Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Stop Column Sorter in a List Property Editor
Stop Column Sorter in a List Property Editor [message #1736277] Tue, 28 June 2016 07:58 Go to next message
Jeff Jing is currently offline Jeff JingFriend
Hi, guys!

Is there any way to stop the column sorting function in a list property editor?

I need to input some list items in a particular order. But when i accidently click a column header, the order is changed and the items are resorted. This has been bothering me for a long time.

Best regards!
Re: Stop Column Sorter in a List Property Editor [message #1736356 is a reply to message #1736277] Tue, 28 June 2016 18:53 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
There is a property editor hint to hide column headers, but you wouldn't want to do that for a multi-column table. There is no switch to disable column sorting. I am not sure that I would want to add this either. One of the important goals with Sapphire is consistent UI patterns. If we allow too much customization at individual sites based on developer's preferences, we would start loosing that aspect. Obviously it's a fuzzy line as some customization is necessary.
Previous Topic:show/hide outline elements during runtime
Next Topic:initialize() method not propogating to child types reference via possible attribute in Type annotati
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:14:42 GMT 2024