Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » 64-bit Java not writing to Console tab(64-bit Java not writing to Console tab)
64-bit Java not writing to Console tab [message #1735368] Fri, 17 June 2016 17:33 Go to next message
Rob Wynne is currently offline Rob WynneFriend
Hi,

My Eclipse (Mars) is not printing System.out calls to the Console tab *only* for 64-bit JREs. The programs run, however, to completion. Even if I externalize my programs to run outside of Eclipse, they print to the terminal. It is only the Eclipse Console tab that's the bugaboo.

What's even stranger is If I set the JRE to 32-bit in Eclipse, the programs write to the Console tab.

What could be causing this and is there a fix? The problem only started occurring when I upgraded my monitors.

I am running Eclipse 64-bit on Windows 7.

Thanks!
icon14.gif  Re: 64-bit Java not writing to Console tab [message #1735371 is a reply to message #1735368] Fri, 17 June 2016 19:09 Go to previous message
Rob Wynne is currently offline Rob WynneFriend
Hi,

Somehow I got this working. I ran eclipsec.exe and it worked. Then I changed back to eclipse.exe and it worked there, too. So I don't know what the fix was, but eclipsec.exe seemed to have jogged something.

This issue can be closed.

Thanks!
Previous Topic:using ASTParesr to get block of Expression
Next Topic:Runnable jar not working right
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:50:54 GMT 2024