Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » install software is disabled(When you go to help->Install New Software, the next and finish buttons remain disabled)
install software is disabled [message #1734133] Sat, 04 June 2016 16:55 Go to next message
Dale Preston is currently offline Dale PrestonFriend
I just installed eclipse on Centos 7 on a Virtual Box VM hosted on Windows 10. Everything is 64-bit. I have Oracle Java 8.0.91 installed and JAVA_HOME set.

I downloaded Eclipse Mars.2 and extracted into a folder. At first look, it appears Eclipse is working properly. It opens properly and I can create projects, edit code, etc. I am able to open web pages using the internal web browser inside of Eclipse.

The problem I have is that when I go to Help->Install New Software and select a built-in URL or add a new URL (I added the JBoss and Teiid Designer; this will be a teiid designer VM) the Next or Finish buttons on the Install New Software dialog are never enabled. It doesn't matter if I use the URL I added or the default Mars update URL included in Eclipse.

Any idea what else I need to do to make this work? I have years of Eclipse experience but don't ever remember dealing with this problem, even with Mars.2 on Windows. This is my first Mars.2 installation on Linux.
Re: install software is disabled [message #1734143 is a reply to message #1734133] Sun, 05 June 2016 03:57 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Am 04.06.2016 um 18:55 schrieb Dale Preston:
> I just installed eclipse on Centos 7 on a Virtual Box VM hosted on Windows 10. Everything is 64-bit. I have Oracle
> Java 8.0.91 installed and JAVA_HOME set.
>
> I downloaded Eclipse Mars.2 and extracted into a folder. At first look, it appears Eclipse is working properly. It
> opens properly and I can create projects, edit code, etc. I am able to open web pages using the internal web browser
> inside of Eclipse.
>
> The problem I have is that when I go to Help->Install New Software and select a built-in URL or add a new URL (I added
> the JBoss and Teiid Designer; this will be a teiid designer VM) the Next or Finish buttons on the Install New Software
> dialog are never enabled. It doesn't matter if I use the URL I added or the default Mars update URL included in Eclipse.
Are the contents of the selected Software Site properly displayed after a while?

> Any idea what else I need to do to make this work? I have years of Eclipse experience but don't ever remember dealing
> with this problem, even with Mars.2 on Windows. This is my first Mars.2 installation on Linux.
Have you tried to install Eclipse with the Eclipse Installer? Does it work there?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Previous Topic:Eclipse with Salesforce
Next Topic:Eclipse does not count normal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:00:50 GMT 2024