Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » set-text for integer doesn't work(set-text for integer doesn't work)
set-text for integer doesn't work [message #1733710] Tue, 31 May 2016 08:06 Go to next message
Vanta Black is currently offline Vanta BlackFriend
Hi guys,

This is plain and simple. I have an edit box which accepts integer value only. when I'm using set-text, set-value even key-type. It just go to the edit box and skips it without any errors. BUT, It doesn't type the integer as if RCPTT considers itself that It had done the job. No errors, It passes the test case. But fails to set the integer in the edit box. Meanwhile doing it manually always works. I believe some of you encountered this error already.

Any workaround no matter how complex will be appreciated. Thank you very much in advance guys.
Re: set-text for integer doesn't work [message #1733716 is a reply to message #1733710] Tue, 31 May 2016 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hic LA is currently offline Hic LAFriend
Hi,
I have just answered a similar question. You should use echo command:

... | set-text [echo 08]

Regards
Re: set-text for integer doesn't work [message #1733723 is a reply to message #1733716] Tue, 31 May 2016 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Hicyo,

Thank you for your response. I tried your proposed workaround. But sadly it didn't work Sad . It still leave the edit box blank. I tried to asset to see class name of the edit box and it is "org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text"

I tried a to replace the set-text to set-value and even appended some "str" and "int" to the echo just to see if it would work. But it didn't. Any other suggestion I may try?
Re: set-text for integer doesn't work [message #1733728 is a reply to message #1733723] Tue, 31 May 2016 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hic LA is currently offline Hic LAFriend
Maybe it is not working because you are doing it through a procedure. In this case, echo should be used outside the procedure.
proc mySetText [val text] {
	... | set-text $text
}

mySetText [echo 0203]
Re: set-text for integer doesn't work [message #1733729 is a reply to message #1733728] Tue, 31 May 2016 09:22 Go to previous message
Actually I'm trying it via recording in the control panel.
I did it in this format
... | set-text [echo 10]

where in 10 is the integer I want to set in the edit box.
Previous Topic:How to set-text an integer in editbox
Next Topic:Relative-Path for exec-process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:52:55 GMT 2024