Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » [GanttChart] Settings: allowInfiniteHorizontalScrollBar nowhere called?
[GanttChart] Settings: allowInfiniteHorizontalScrollBar nowhere called? [message #1733587] Mon, 30 May 2016 10:12 Go to next message
Maria Schneller is currently offline Maria SchnellerFriend
Hello everybody,

I'm using GanttChart and want it to show some behaviour "outside the default". So I created my very own SettingsClass directly inheriting from AbstractSettings in which I overwrite all the methods that shouldn't show default behaviour.

Which works perfect - except for that horizontal scrolling ("allowInfiniteHorizontalScrollBar"). Trying to find any code that is calling this method has shown no success - the method is never called and doesn't seem to have any references in my workspace. And I'm pretty sure I've downloaded all the sources for the Gantt project.
(I double checked with random other methods - that are working - and found references on them)

I also think I this already worked - at some point during the last year. Because I remember having had this problem before and I was very happy to find this method which back then solved the issue.

Currently I'm using this version: org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.ganttchart.source_1.0.0.201602191853

Re: [GanttChart] Settings: allowInfiniteHorizontalScrollBar nowhere called? [message #1733712 is a reply to message #1733587] Tue, 31 May 2016 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hello Maria,

I have checked out several historical versions in git but this methods seems to be called nowhere. I think the default is true.

Regards,

Wim
Re: [GanttChart] Settings: allowInfiniteHorizontalScrollBar nowhere called? [message #1734045 is a reply to message #1733712] Fri, 03 June 2016 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maria Schneller is currently offline Maria SchnellerFriend
Hello Wim,

thank you for looking into the history on git. Yes, the default is true - and I want to change it.

For the moment I found a workaround by setting the "style" argument in the GanttChart Constructor to the same value as the GanttFlags.H_SCROLL_FIXED_RANGE which results in the style not being overwritten by the GanttFlags.H_SCROLL_INFINITE. It's the same value as SWT.NO_SCROLL, which is probably the main reason why I am not too happy with that "solution" because "no scroll" for me involves both horizontal and vertical scrolling.

I hope this does not have any strange side effects in the future. So far it looks like it really has the effect I wanted.

I'd still love if the settings would work as intended because that looks like the better solution.

Have a nice day
Maria
Re: [GanttChart] Settings: allowInfiniteHorizontalScrollBar nowhere called? [message #1734048 is a reply to message #1734045] Fri, 03 June 2016 10:53 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hello Maria,

Please file a bug against Nebula Gantt here [1]. Also, the fastest way to get your wish is to fix it yourself. You can file a patch through Gerrit here [2] which I will immediately review..

Cheers,

Wim

[1] http://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Nebula/Contributions
Previous Topic:[RichTextEditor] Missing icons in the palette when widget is calling by a plugin
Next Topic:add dropdown menu with Nebula XY graph
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:45:57 GMT 2024