Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Deleting a selected include paths removes all paths(Include paths in project settings are all being removed when trying to delete just one path)
icon13.gif  Deleting a selected include paths removes all paths [message #1733278] Wed, 25 May 2016 23:32 Go to next message
Greg Greenwood is currently offline Greg GreenwoodFriend
I have a project that contains paths that do not exist anymore so I tried to delete one in the projects>Settings>Includes and all the paths were deleted. Very annoying especially since it takes eclipse 4 minutes to open the settings window. Yes I timed it!

I have seen references to Include paths being a problem in the past. I hope this way of handling the issue was not the fix.

Any ideas?
Re: Deleting a selected include paths removes all paths [message #1733345 is a reply to message #1733278] Thu, 26 May 2016 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamás Kiss is currently offline Tamás KissFriend
Looks to be the same as bug #492486.
Re: Deleting a selected include paths removes all paths - work around [message #1733391 is a reply to message #1733345] Fri, 27 May 2016 07:54 Go to previous message
Greg Greenwood is currently offline Greg GreenwoodFriend
At least I found a work around for the incredible amount of time it takes for the Project>Settings window to open so you can change the Include paths. Do NOT use the Project>Settings pull down. Open the .cproject XML file with an editor (dual monitors is a big plus) and use an existing Include path line starting after:
superClass="gnu.c.compiler.option.include.paths" useByScannerDiscovery="false" valueType="includePath">

Copy a line. Then edit the path being careful not to disturb any of the XML tokens. The line begins with 9 tabs (in my case) and starts with:
<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value=
Then add a double quote. Then the desired path. Then finish the line with a double quote followed by />

When you have all the paths added then restart eclipse. Be sure to wait for the status indicator in the bottom right to finish the startup stuff. And voila, the new paths are there.
Takes a lot less time. You can even have the .cproject file open in an editor while eclipse is running in case you find some more includes that need to be added. This can also be used to REMOVE unwanted paths.

It really is too bad the import feature cannot recognize or be told that the import is bringing in include files and automatically add the paths to the settings.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 May 2016 08:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[RESOLVED]Create a IFolder on a project with an extra level
Next Topic:Eclipse CDT for remote C++ development?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:44:04 GMT 2024