Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Qt Hello World project won't compile on Luna/Mageia
icon4.gif  Qt Hello World project won't compile on Luna/Mageia [message #1732849] Sat, 21 May 2016 03:05 Go to next message
Will Pittenger is currently offline Will PittengerFriend
I had assumed the sample projects would include everything needed to build them in the project file. But I'm not seeing it. I manually added the includes and libraries, but the IDE claims the Qt class names don't exist. Qt5 is installed at /usr/lib64/qt5. The application doesn't compile. Crying or Very Sad

I tried creating that project when I couldn't get Eclipse to list Qt classes as base classes for a new class in my project. Plus, my new project lacks things like a .pro file, initial application file, etc. It'd help if Eclipse included more Qt starter projects--with all includes set.

Also, can I have external includes and libraries be included depending on make file switches?

Finally, I noticed that in include paths, ${QTDIR5} wasn't parsed. It was treated as a literal folder name.
Re: Qt Hello World project won't compile on Luna/Mageia [message #1733007 is a reply to message #1732849] Mon, 23 May 2016 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
Which version of CDT are you using? The Qt support is pretty much totally redone in Neon.
Re: Qt Hello World project won't compile on Luna/Mageia [message #1733034 is a reply to message #1733007] Mon, 23 May 2016 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, my distro is still on Luna. I also gave up on using Eclipse.
Re: Qt Hello World project won't compile on Luna/Mageia [message #1735378 is a reply to message #1733007] Fri, 17 June 2016 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vladimir Grishchenko is currently offline Vladimir GrishchenkoFriend
Doug Schaefer wrote on Mon, 23 May 2016 17:00
Which version of CDT are you using? The Qt support is pretty much totally redone in Neon.

Is there a summary of the changes somewhere or perhaps you can provide a short overview here? I'm currently debating between wxWidgets and Qt for some prototyping, I suspect wxWidgets will be easier to work with under CDT unless Qt is going to be a first class CDT citizen in Neon. Thanks.
Re: Qt Hello World project won't compile on Luna/Mageia [message #1735379 is a reply to message #1735378] Fri, 17 June 2016 23:44 Go to previous message
Vladimir Grishchenko wrote on Fri, 17 June 2016 23:21
Doug Schaefer wrote on Mon, 23 May 2016 17:00

Is there a summary of the changes somewhere or perhaps you can provide a short overview here? I'm currently debating between wxWidgets and Qt for some prototyping, I suspect wxWidgets will be easier to work with under CDT unless Qt is going to be a first class CDT citizen in Neon. Thanks.

Well, I only had Kepler available in my distro Mageia. I gave up and switched to NetBeans.
Previous Topic:STK (Syntesis Toolkit) Library & Unresolved inclusion
Next Topic:Key to editor symbols
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:14:44 GMT 2024