Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » How to test a function block in 4DIAC?
How to test a function block in 4DIAC? [message #1732460] Tue, 17 May 2016 12:39 Go to next message
Qian Kaiyu is currently offline Qian KaiyuFriend
Hi all,
I'm new to 4DIAC. I have used 4DIAC-IDE to create a basic function block. When I want to test it, I click the 'FBTester' Tab and choose 'FORTE Remote Tester' as Test Configuration, then Start Testing FB. A pop window said "FB can not be tested because of the following error:Connection refused:connect".
I don't know how to test a FB in the IDE. Should I do some configurations?
Thanks for your help.
Re: How to test a function block in 4DIAC? [message #1732475 is a reply to message #1732460] Tue, 17 May 2016 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
Hi,

the error appears because you don't have any FORTE running. The tester needs a running FORTE on the IP:PORT address specified in the tester. Normally, you use localhost as IP-Address and 61499 as port.

Go to the Deployment perspective (top right corner, which you use to download applications), and in the Runtime Launcher view at the bottom, specify the 61499 as port for the FORTE and press Launch Local FORTE. Then go back to your tester, make sure that the you are starting the test at the localhost:61499 and the error shouldn't appear.

Note: If you are testing a FB that you just created, the running FORTE should be compiled with the new FB.

Tell us back if it worked!
Re: How to test a function block in 4DIAC? [message #1732486 is a reply to message #1732475] Tue, 17 May 2016 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Qian Kaiyu is currently offline Qian KaiyuFriend
Thank you for your reply!
But sorry, it still didn't work. And after I press the Launch Local FORTE, there's nothing happened, is that right? Then I back to the FBTester and start the test, the error is still the same as before.See the attachment for my operations.
Looking forward for your help. Thanks!
  • Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 280.63KB, Downloaded 445 times)
  • Attachment: 2.jpg
    (Size: 280.54KB, Downloaded 256 times)
Re: How to test a function block in 4DIAC? [message #1732515 is a reply to message #1732475] Tue, 17 May 2016 19:32 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

in order to test a function block you will need to generate C++ code for it and compile it into your own FORTE. Please have a look in the documentation section Tuturials -> Developing Function Blocks. Especially there the sections on "Export an own FB" and "Test own FB with FBTester" or the ones where you should find the things you need.

Furthermore in order that the runtime launcher works you need to set the correct FORTE executable in the preferences (window->Preferences->4DIAC->FORTE Preferences).

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Alois
Previous Topic:understanding when to use converter function blocks
Next Topic:MQTT issues with FORTE running on Raspberry Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:11:19 GMT 2024