Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Prevent Eclipse from passing -Dfile.encoding to projects(Eclipse passes -Dfile.encoding to my projects and it's causing problems)
Prevent Eclipse from passing -Dfile.encoding to projects [message #1732407] Mon, 16 May 2016 23:43
Ashton Holmes is currently offline Ashton HolmesFriend
Eclipse is passing -Dfile.encoding to the JVM whenever I launch my projects and it's been causing my JavaFX applications(all of them) to crash. The issue is a SIGSEGV going to libfreetype.so.6. Given that it happens with all JavaFX applications I'm pretty sure it's a bug with JavaFX or libfreetype6 and so there's nothing I can do. This even happens from the command line. However, launching the applications from the command line without that parameter works just fine and I have no issues. I would like to stop eclipse from passing -Dfile.encoding to the JVM. I've checked the default JVM args as well as the individual run configuration args but no where is that argument being specified. I know for a fact eclipse is specifying it because the crash logs list it as a parameter going to the JVM at launch. Is there any way for me to prevent eclipse from passing this to the JVM?

[Updated on: Mon, 16 May 2016 23:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Setting Up a Project
Next Topic:Inactive Proposal Computers created when triggering first content assist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:05:34 GMT 2024