Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse incredibly sensitive!
Eclipse incredibly sensitive! [message #1732190] Fri, 13 May 2016 11:28 Go to next message
George Racin is currently offline George RacinFriend
I am trying to build a Dynamic Web Project. I got my two Java files in and they were compiled automatically with no errors. Then I copied a few HTML files into the Web Content folder (including index.html). I then went to Project/WebContent Rt-click/New/HTML file. I used the name index.html, it then tried to save it under that name and gave an error, since I had already placed an index.html file into Web Content. So far, so good, right?
But then my Java file that was compiled without errors is suddenly showing errors with my import statements. So, confusing Eclipse with an index.html file breaks my whole build!? What do I do now? Start the project over? Eclipse is not robust at all. If you make a small mistep, it should recover, or at least let you go back to what was working!
Re: Eclipse incredibly sensitive! [message #1732199 is a reply to message #1732190] Fri, 13 May 2016 11:47 Go to previous message
George Racin is currently offline George RacinFriend
Sorry, the java files that were being flagged were from another previous Project. Ignore my original post.
Previous Topic:RichTextEditor works local on eclipse IDE but doesn't work when deployed on Tomcat
Next Topic:From ocl expression to syntax tree (Search about a tool)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:36:12 GMT 2024