Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » how to get an xtext expression as a java string from an ecore object(ecore to xtext to string)
how to get an xtext expression as a java string from an ecore object [message #1732176] Fri, 13 May 2016 09:35 Go to next message
Alexandre Le Borgne is currently offline Alexandre Le BorgneFriend
Hi!

I'm currently trying to develop a sirius graphical editor with Xtext integration.

I wrote an Xtext grammar that derived my ecore metamodel so everything is good so far.

The problem I'm now facing is that I would like to be able to represent one of my Xtext concepts as a Java string in my graphical editor.

For instance:
Let's say we have a simple xtext expression like
Expression :
(left = INT op='+' right=Expression)
| Expression1;
(with several levels to handle priorities)

What I would like to do is to write an expression like "1+1" into as the label a graphical box instead of having to create a lot of boxes in the graphical editor which would be awful since expressions may be kind of recursive (if I write 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 it gets to be that ugly that the concept of graphical editor doesn't makes sense anymore...)

So my question is : How do I get the Xtext expression that is written in my example file from the ecore object that represents this expression? And how can I get this expression as a Java String I could return to my graphical model?

Thanks!
Re: how to get an xtext expression as a java string from an ecore object [message #1732221 is a reply to message #1732176] Fri, 13 May 2016 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
You can use NodeModelUtils to retrieve the node for your eobject and ask the node for its text

Need professional support for Xtext, Xpand, EMF?
Go to: https://www.itemis.com/en/xtext/
Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: how to get an xtext expression as a java string from an ecore object [message #1732225 is a reply to message #1732221] Fri, 13 May 2016 14:14 Go to previous message
Alexandre Le Borgne is currently offline Alexandre Le BorgneFriend
Thank you so much for your answer that was exactly what I needed!! Smile
Previous Topic:P2 update site for latest builds broken?
Next Topic:How to configure xtend-maven-plugin to target earlier Java versions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 21 04:43:29 GMT 2019