Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Modelling system behavior with Papyrus
Modelling system behavior with Papyrus [message #1731665] Mon, 09 May 2016 06:46 Go to next message
David Arndt is currently offline David ArndtFriend
Hello everybody,

I'm working at the Moment at a comparison bewteen Rhapsody and Papyrus in SysML Modelling. Now I want to compare System behavior modelling, but it is quite difficult to realize this in Papyrus.

In Rhapsody the principal behavior modelling is solved with Statemachines and Flowcharts, which model the behavior of a block. This works (very basically) the following way: At first the system enters an initial state in all Blocks. An event (like pushing a button) triggers a transition in one of the statemachines. While entering the new state, an operation is started. This operation includes a Flowchart, which makes different activities... most important is the Sendsignalaction, because this is sending a signal to the port of the block to another port of a different block via an Interface. This signal triggers a transition in the Statemachine of this Block and while entering the new state, maybe another operation is started.

Now I would like to realize such system behavior modelling in Papyrus, but it is very different from Rhapsody. For example it is impossible to add an activity diagram to an operation. The add activity option is pretty confusing for me. Furthermore are Sendsignalactions not implemented in State and Activity Diagrams (which they should concerning SysML).

Unfortunately I cannot find enough helping information in the SysML 1.4 specification. That's why I have to ask you for help... can you give me some hinds how to realize modelling behavior in Papyrus?

Best regards
David
Re: Modelling system behavior with Papyrus [message #1731862 is a reply to message #1731665] Tue, 10 May 2016 14:27 Go to previous message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi David,

Here is the procedure to link an activity behavior and an operation.
It's purely UML

Steps:
- create a model
- create a class
- create an operation in the class
- create an activity (as own behavior) in the class
- create an activity diagram in the activity
- [Property View] select the operation
- add the activity in Method field

Regards,
Benoit
Previous Topic:Stereotype proprty (tagged value) from imported package