Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Undelopying a Spring MVC bundle also leads to undeploying the other bundles(Using the DispacherServlet results in undeploying problem)
Undelopying a Spring MVC bundle also leads to undeploying the other bundles [message #1731165] Tue, 03 May 2016 09:42
Vlad Muresan is currently offline Vlad MuresanFriend
I have a Spring MVC app configured as in the files from spring-mvc-app.zip attached archive.

Everything works fine, but when I undeploy the bundle, the other bundles are also undeployed. (The "DELETE" action is detected and this leads to the entire undeploy process). This is a huge overhead for me as it leads to huge amount of waiting time.

There's also a workaround, using "UNINSTALL" action which doesn't trigger the other bundle to undeploy.

I suspect there's an issue with the DispacherSerlvet configuration (if I remove the servlet from web.xml the undeploy works fine).

In some recipes I saw `org.springframework.osgi.web.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext` is used instead of `org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm.ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext` but I'm having troubles deploying the `spring-osgi-web` dependencies, and on the local environment I have a strange error that sounds like this:

`HTTP Status 500 - Request processing failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest]: Specified class is an interface`

Have you encountered such an issue or can you advise otherwise?

Thank you!

P.S. the commented parts are the ones related to the spring-osgi-web dependencies. I also added the entire error stacktrace for that.
Previous Topic:From OSGi to Blueprints & Virgo?
Next Topic:How do I configure SPNEGO authentication?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:44:32 GMT 2024