Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Include Files Configuration
Include Files Configuration [message #1731117] Mon, 02 May 2016 22:36 Go to next message
Jerry Gardner is currently offline Jerry GardnerFriend
I'm using the latest versions of Eclipse Mars and CDT and am having an issue with how Eclipse finds C header files.

In my project's properties under C/C++ Build->Settings->Tool Settings->Cross ARM C Compiler->Includes I have the include paths to my header files set up.

The C compiler can find the header files fine because my project compiles without problem. When I view a C file in Eclipse's editor, however, any symbol that's defined in a header file is flagged with a bug icon and the message "Symbol "XXXX" could not be resolved".

How can I fix this so that the parser that runs within the editor can find the project's header files?
Re: Include Files Configuration [message #1731199 is a reply to message #1731117] Tue, 03 May 2016 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
The includes in tool settings are only for building compiler commands in the make file.

Try Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc.. On the Entries tab, select the language. You probably want to use User Settings unless the files are the system built-ins. In which case you should check the proper built-in provider on the Providers tab.

index.php/fa/25801/0/

[Updated on: Tue, 03 May 2016 13:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Include Files Configuration [message #1731234 is a reply to message #1731199] Tue, 03 May 2016 16:03 Go to previous message
Jerry Gardner is currently offline Jerry GardnerFriend
That worked nicely. Thanks!
Previous Topic:Cannot assign keyboard shortcut to "Next Error" in console window
Next Topic:Bug in the project properties => C/C++ Build => Settings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:55:57 GMT 2024