Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Build Forte error
Build Forte error [message #1730941] Sat, 30 April 2016 09:21 Go to next message
emanuele vitolo is currently offline emanuele vitoloFriend
Hi all, i'm new in this forum, i have a problem with 4DIAC.
Speciically, when i make deployment with Forte with Pre-Existent Functional Blocks everything work, but when i create new functional blocks....forte recognize only the OLD pre-existent FB!
This is hoy i did:

- i create a new functional block
- exported its .cpp and .f files in the Forte\src\modules\utils
- added the line in the cmakelist.txt in the utils folder
- opened cmake, configured using the root forte directory as source code, Forte\bin\win32 as destination folder, using visual studio 8 2009 as generator and using the native compiler,checked FORTE_ARCHITECTURE_WIN32, FORTE_MODULE_CONVERT, FORTE_MODULE_IEC61131, FORTE_MODULE_TEST, FORTE_MOODULE_UTILS, FORTE_SUPPORT_MONITORING, pressed again configure since red flags don't appaer, pressed generate button
- opened visual studio generated solution with visual studio 2008
- setted release mode
- build forte......AND HERE THE PROBLEM!

"Errore 45 fatal error C1083: Impossibile aprire il file inclusione 'E_CYCLE_gen.cpp': No such file or directory"

PLEASE....HELP ME :\
Re: Build Forte error [message #1731038 is a reply to message #1730941] Mon, 02 May 2016 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

could you be so kind and give us the CMakeLists.txt of your utils module?
Re: Build Forte error [message #1747506 is a reply to message #1731038] Tue, 15 November 2016 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Hofmann is currently offline Michael HofmannFriend
Hi,

maybe something went wrong with the dependencies in the visual studio solution. Try to manually build
* forte_stringlist_externals
* forte_stringlist_generator
* forte_generate_modules_cmake_files
before you build forte

Re: Build Forte error [message #1747939 is a reply to message #1730941] Thu, 17 November 2016 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jabar Muzarpar is currently offline Jabar MuzarparFriend
Hi,
I also have a build error for FORTE 1.8. The error happen only if I include modbus com layer. I have libmodbus installed but still an error. But I can build FORTE 1.7 with modbus com layer. What am I missing?
Re: Build Forte error [message #1748163 is a reply to message #1747939] Sat, 19 November 2016 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Could you please give us the compile output?

Thanks,
ALois
Re: Build Forte error [message #1750579 is a reply to message #1748163] Fri, 23 December 2016 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again. Sorry for the late reply. The compile error is as followed:

/home/jabar/Documents//4DIAC/RTE/FORTE_1.8.2/bin/Beagle/core/cominfra/comlayersmanager.cpp:23:24: fatal error: modbuslayer.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/build.make:388: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/__/core/cominfra/comlayersmanager.cpp.obj' failed
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/__/core/cominfra/comlayersmanager.cpp.obj] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:137: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Again, I have no problem compiling Forte version 1.7.x with modbus module on. Another info, I am doing a cross compilation for arm remote machine through x64 bit host machine running ubuntu.

Thanks in advance
Re: Build Forte error [message #1750603 is a reply to message #1750579] Fri, 23 December 2016 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

when doing cross compiling you also need a crosscompiled libmodbus. In such cases most of the time a normal install of the libmodbus is not sufficient. There is a flag which allows you to give the also the directory where you crosscompiled your libmodbus.
Re: Build Forte error [message #1750791 is a reply to message #1750603] Thu, 29 December 2016 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I cross-compiled libmodbus as you suggest. The error still persisted. It seems that the problem I'm having has nothing to do with libmodbus. However, after I reconfigure and regenerate from CMake, I modify the #include of comlayersmanager.cpp and copy the modbuslayer.h into the same directory as comlayermanager.cpp. I compile again again and finally manage to get Forte v1.8.2 built with modbus module enabled. Thanks for helping out. Very much appreciated. Smile
Re: Build Forte error [message #1751302 is a reply to message #1750791] Sat, 07 January 2017 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

comlayersmanger.cpp is a file that is generated by cmake during the configurationprocess. It should not be necessary to that you manually need to change it. It seams that there is a error in the setup of cmake. I currently have no good test environment for modbus. Therefore I kindly ask if you could add the following line:

forte_add_include_directories(${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR})

into the CMakeLists.txt file in the modules/modbus directory and see if it fixes the issue?

Thank,
Alois
Re: Build Forte error [message #1755882 is a reply to message #1751302] Wed, 08 March 2017 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joseph reveane is currently offline joseph reveaneFriend
Hi,

I've tried to build Forte 1.8.4 code base with Modbus RTU (for getting access to RS485 devices) on a x86 platform with Debian 8 installed using Cmake but I get the following errors during the compilation:

home/jreveane/4Diac/Bundle/FORTE_1.8.4/src/modules/modbus/modbusconnection.cpp: In member function 'virtual int CModbusConnection::connect()':
/home/jreveane/4Diac/Bundle/FORTE_1.8.4/src/modules/modbus/modbusconnection.cpp:35:64: error: invalid conversion from 'timeval*' to 'uint32_t {aka unsigned int}' [-fpermissive]
     modbus_set_response_timeout(m_pModbusConn, &responseTimeout);
                                                                ^
/home/jreveane/4Diac/Bundle/FORTE_1.8.4/src/modules/modbus/modbusconnection.cpp:35:64: error: too few arguments to function 'int modbus_set_response_timeout(modbus_t*, uint32_t, uint32_t)'
In file included from /home/jreveane/4Diac/Bundle/FORTE_1.8.4/src/modules/modbus/modbusconnection.h:22:0,
                 from /home/jreveane/4Diac/Bundle/FORTE_1.8.4/src/modules/modbus/modbusconnection.cpp:11:
/home/jreveane/4Diac/Bundle/build/modbus.h:186:16: note: declared here
 MODBUS_API int modbus_set_response_timeout(modbus_t *ctx, uint32_t to_sec, uint32_t to_usec);
                ^
/home/jreveane/4Diac/Bundle/FORTE_1.8.4/src/modules/modbus/modbusconnection.cpp:41:56: error: invalid conversion from 'timeval*' to 'uint32_t {aka unsigned int}' [-fpermissive]
     modbus_set_byte_timeout(m_pModbusConn, &byteTimeout);
                                                        ^
/home/jreveane/4Diac/Bundle/FORTE_1.8.4/src/modules/modbus/modbusconnection.cpp:41:56: error: too few arguments to function 'int modbus_set_byte_timeout(modbus_t*, uint32_t, uint32_t)'
In file included from /home/jreveane/4Diac/Bundle/FORTE_1.8.4/src/modules/modbus/modbusconnection.h:22:0,
                 from /home/jreveane/4Diac/Bundle/FORTE_1.8.4/src/modules/modbus/modbusconnection.cpp:11:
/home/jreveane/4Diac/Bundle/build/modbus.h:189:16: note: declared here
 MODBUS_API int modbus_set_byte_timeout(modbus_t *ctx, uint32_t to_sec, uint32_t to_usec);
                ^
src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/build.make:1710: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/modules/modbus/modbusconnection.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/modules/modbus/modbusconnection.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:125: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/forte.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:117: recipe for target 'all' failed

I had a look at the Forte build documentation for Unix platform and the Modbus page as well but this didn't really help.
So, is there any HowTo which would explain the Forte Build on Linux with Modbus RTU support ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards.

Re: Build Forte error [message #1756012 is a reply to message #1755882] Fri, 10 March 2017 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Filip Andren is currently offline Filip AndrenFriend
Hi joseph,

I think you get these errors because your version of libmodbus is newer then the version we used to implement the Modbus interface in forte. Try with libmodbus v3.0.6 instead.

Best
Filip
Re: Build Forte error [message #1756360 is a reply to message #1756012] Wed, 15 March 2017 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joseph reveane is currently offline joseph reveaneFriend
Hi Filip,

I've moved to the v3.0.6 release for libmodbus and this did fix this issue.
I still had to copy the "./src/modules/modbus/modbuslayer.h" file within the
the build directory though, I guess it was a Cmake issue.

Anyway, sorry for the noise and thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards.

/joseph
Re: Build Forte error [message #1794239 is a reply to message #1756360] Mon, 27 August 2018 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rodrigo Esposito is currently offline Rodrigo EspositoFriend
I've finishing compiling forte with modbus module and when i try to deplay anything i got this error on forte console "/home/rodrigo/org.eclipse.4diac.forte.funcionando/bin/fortemodbus/src/forte: error while loading shared libraries: libmodbus.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
i also have copy the libmodbus.so to forte.exe directory. Can anyone help me?
Re: Build Forte error [message #1794272 is a reply to message #1794239] Tue, 28 August 2018 11:24 Go to previous message

Typically libmodbus.so will just be a symbolic link. In your case I assume it points to libmodbus.so.5. So you the question would be if you installed libmodbus in your system. Then something with the install process seems to be broken. If you just build your own libmodbus. Then you need also the files where all the symbolic so links are pointing to in the directory of forte executable.
Previous Topic:Forte not in 4Diac IDE
Next Topic:Help needed Traffic Light Tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:43:38 GMT 2024