Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse console doesn't respond to Ctrl+C interrupt
Eclipse console doesn't respond to Ctrl+C interrupt [message #1730251] Fri, 22 April 2016 15:43 Go to next message
Matan Bar Lev is currently offline Matan Bar LevFriend
Hi,

I also published this question in SO.

This is the question:
I use Eclipse for C/C++ Developers version in order to write a code that has to respond to Ctrl+C click by sending the signal SIGINT. However, when I run my code from the console I find out that it doesn't respond to Ctrl+C at all. I diabled the functionality of Ctrl+C as a keymap for copy, and it still doesn't solve the problem. Do you know what I can do to solve it?

Re: Eclipse console doesn't respond to Ctrl+C interrupt [message #1730301 is a reply to message #1730251] Sun, 24 April 2016 03:52 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
You can set gdb to pass the signal (it's normally trapped) with the gdb command: handle SIGINT pass. For whatever reason, though, SIGINT is not passed to the program until the program is paused and sometimes not even then.

It also works fine when running gdb as a stand-alone and the signals are marked as passed. There is something that Eclipse is doing which is interfering.

Typing handle SIGINT nostop pass noprint
in gdb makes SIGINT completely transparent to gdb but still doesn't get passed by Eclipse altjough it works fine when running gdb stand-alone,

Previous Topic:I am using eclipse in Linux
Next Topic:CDT is not workin on Ubuntu 16.04
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:26:30 GMT 2024