Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Automatically apply quick fixes/Wait for problem marker creation
Automatically apply quick fixes/Wait for problem marker creation [message #1730198] Fri, 22 April 2016 09:26
Christopher Will is currently offline Christopher WillFriend
Hi everyone,

For a research project, I am trying to develop a plugin that automatically applies quick fixes to Java files.
I currently have a somewhat working version of it but it is unreliable. It performs the following steps:
1. Create a new project and create ICompilationUnits of the Java files I want to fix.
2. Get the MarkerHelpRegistry and find for the Java resources I created all problem markers and run quick fixes for them.

This works, but it is not reliable. But obviously there is a certain delay between the creation of the new Resource/ICompilationUnit and the creation of the problem markers. This leads right now to the problem that my plugin seems to not find all markers because they are not created at that point.
Therefore, I need to wait for the resource analysis and marker creation to finish before I run the quick fixes. How do I do that? Alternatively, there might be also a way to create the problem markers myself. I would be happy doing that as well.
And on a related note. I have not yet found any way to run the MarkerHelpRegistry headless. Is there any way to do so?

Thank you so much and best regards,
Chris
Previous Topic:com.rational.clearcase.ActionSet ?
Next Topic:Please help breadcrumb navigation example for eclipse rcp 3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:57:00 GMT 2024