Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Accessibility programming guide for Draw2D
Accessibility programming guide for Draw2D [message #1730108] Thu, 21 April 2016 11:57 Go to next message
David Wootton is currently offline David WoottonFriend
I'm trying to find some programming guide style documentation for Draw2D accessibility but cannot find it. In particular, I have some plugins which use Draw2D to draw a graph which has a toolbar that is composed of Toggle objects. I need the Jaws screen reader to speak some descriptive text when the user tabs or steps thru those toolbar buttons. I also need to be able to have Jaws speak some descriptive text when the user navigates to the outer container for the graph itself.

I've experimented with extending the LightweightSystem and SWTEventDispatcher classes to set up my own implementation of AccessibilityDispatcher, which I've made some progress on, but I'm not sure that this is the way to do it.

Is there any documentation which explains how to implement accessibility for Draw2D, and if so, where do I find it?

This needs to be for the previous (non-JavaFX) Draw2D since I cannot use JavaFX.

Thanks

Dave
Re: Accessibility programming guide for Draw2D [message #1731887 is a reply to message #1730108] Tue, 10 May 2016 16:08 Go to previous message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
I fear there is not really much documentation related to it. The IBM redbook provided at http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedpieceAbstracts/sg246302.html?Open has a short section on Accessibility, but apart from this I am not aware of any documentation.
Previous Topic:Cut/Copy/Paste functionality in GEF Eclipse
Next Topic:[zest] Running Zest 1.5 in E4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 15 10:03:17 GMT 2018