Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Blank welcome screen on fresh Mars install(Welcome screen is blank after a fresh Mars install)
Blank welcome screen on fresh Mars install [message #1729205] Tue, 12 April 2016 07:55 Go to next message
Alan Hughes is currently offline Alan HughesFriend
I have just installed Eclipse Mars (4.5.2) and when it starts up it shows an empty Welcome screen; i.e. the screen has no content, it is just white. The screen disappears correctly when we click on the close (X) button, but reappears as blank after selecting "Help->Welcome". Trying to adjust the welcome screen settings does not appear to have any effect.

My host system is OpenSUSE Leap 42.1 with OpenJDK 1.8.0 and OpenJDK 1.7.0 installed (the former is set up as the default JDK). I've attached the logs generated by each of them (they are essentially identical).

Does anyone know who to solve this problem?
Re: Blank welcome screen on fresh Mars install [message #1729310 is a reply to message #1729205] Tue, 12 April 2016 19:01 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
I'd guess that it's a GTK2/GTK3 thing with WebKit? Can you check your .log file and see if there are any messages there (<<workspace>>/.metadata/.log)? And try running with SWT_GTK3=0 in your environment.

Brian.
Previous Topic:Re: Architect
Next Topic:Ideas for interface design for a function in a custom plugin?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:00:38 GMT 2024