Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » FXHoverTool should only look at nodes contained within the IViewer
FXHoverTool should only look at nodes contained within the IViewer [message #1729038] Sat, 09 April 2016 23:12 Go to next message
Colin Sharples is currently offline Colin SharplesFriend

I am working through Frank Benoit's tutorial [1], converting from a pure JavaFX application into an e4 RCP application that uses JavaFX as the renderer. This is working pretty well - essentially just change the target to replace the Eclipse platform location with the E(fx)clipse Target Platform. You can then just create your MVC.FX module in an RCP part and off you go.

One irritation is the FXHoverTool is constantly spitting out exceptions because it is trying to find policies for Nodes that are not part of the IViewer. In my case, the FXViewer's canvas is the child of an HBox, so that I can have a palette component on the left of the part. It's the event handler created in FXHoverTool.createHoverFilter() that is barfing - it even has a comment:
// FIXME: For some events, "The given target Node is not
// contained within an IViewer."

It would be really nice if this were fixed quite soon!

[1] http://fbenoit.blogspot.co.nz/2015/11/gef4-tutorial-part1.html

Colin Sharples
CTG Games Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Re: FXHoverTool should only look at nodes contained within the IViewer [message #1729043 is a reply to message #1729038] Sun, 10 April 2016 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
Can you please raise a bug?
Re: FXHoverTool should only look at nodes contained within the IViewer [message #1729076 is a reply to message #1729043] Sun, 10 April 2016 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Colin Sharples is currently offline Colin SharplesFriend

Raised bug #491401

Colin Sharples
CTG Games Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Re: FXHoverTool should only look at nodes contained within the IViewer [message #1729459 is a reply to message #1729076] Thu, 14 April 2016 10:03 Go to previous message
Matthias Wienand is currently offline Matthias WienandFriend
Hi Colin,

I added a null check within FXTypeTool and resolved the bug. If you find another related problem, feel free to reopen the ticket.

Best regards,
Matthias
Previous Topic:Registering children of a group
Next Topic:automatic graph creation from xml using eclipse gef
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:13:29 GMT 2024