Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Launching Project has encountered a problem. Program file does not exist.(There seems to be a problem with the *name* of the project. Details within.)
Launching Project has encountered a problem. Program file does not exist. [message #1728978] Fri, 08 April 2016 19:58 Go to next message
Tom Mattson is currently offline Tom MattsonFriend
Hi all! Smile

As I said in my last thread, I'm an Eclipse newbie and I'm working through a series of tutorial videos to brush up on my long-forgotten C++. The tutorial has some downloadable project files, which I downloaded and tried to use. The project was entitled "Other Types" (as in other *data* types). However, the files didn't work for me, as they were for Mac and I'm using Windows. Should have seen that coming.

Anyway, I deleted the downloaded files from both my Workspace and Project Explorer and created a new project called "Other Types" from within Eclipse. Here's where the problem starts: I got the same error message (shown below).

index.php/fa/25597/0/

When I created another project called "Other Data Types", it works perfectly. So here's my question: Is the project title "Other Types" forever unusable to me? Or is there some remnant file from my original failed attempt that I have to locate and root out?

Thanks for reading!
Re: Launching Project has encountered a problem. Program file does not exist. [message #1728998 is a reply to message #1728978] Sat, 09 April 2016 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Mattson is currently offline Tom MattsonFriend
Hi again!

I Googled around some more, and found the solution.

Right click --> Clean project
Right click --> Build project
Right click --> Run as --> Local C++ application

I am still perplexed as to how the ghost of a completely deleted project was able to haunt my IDE and/or machine, but since it's working now I won't worry about it too much.

Till next time! Very Happy
Re: Launching Project has encountered a problem. Program file does not exist. [message #1847235 is a reply to message #1728998] Wed, 20 October 2021 13:08 Go to previous message
Steven Oki is currently offline Steven OkiFriend
Good reply, like you havent touched cpp in long time. I followed your directions and solved my build problem as well.
Previous Topic:eclipse always rebuild all object files
Next Topic:What does it mean to have no toolchain?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:18:46 GMT 2024