Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Lock Fail(Fetch/Pull Remote Branch Results In Lock Fail)
Lock Fail [message #1728601] Tue, 05 April 2016 18:28 Go to next message
Vanesai Xiong is currently offline Vanesai XiongFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: April 2016
Junior Member
Using Eclipse Luna (4.4.2) for some time now, egit worked great initially. About a month or two ago I started getting a [lock fail] message for one of the branches, when doing a pull/fetch from remote.

I noticed that the branch it was complaining about started with an upper case letter in my Remote Tracking folder in the Eclipse Git Repository but was lower case on GitHub. Being just a hotfix branch that I didn't own, I didn't give it much thought. That was until I got a new machine and then my problems worsened (new machine has Mars.2 JEE (4.5.2)).

Cloning my project from GitHub, I noticed that egit capitalized the first letter in ALL my branch names. After cloning, subsequent fetches/pull result in [lock fail] for any existing branches, and (again) auto-capitalization of the first letter of any new branches.

The [lock fail] is preventing me from updating my branches. Please help.
Re: Lock Fail [message #1728613 is a reply to message #1728601] Tue, 05 April 2016 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vanesai Xiong is currently offline Vanesai XiongFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: April 2016
Junior Member
Update: Installing Luna (4.4.2) on the new machine doesn't change anything.

Update #2: Only the hotfix branches are being converted to upper-case.

Update #3: Turns out one of the hotfix branches (on GitHub) begins with an uppercase letter, and may be throwing egit off - but why would it convert the other branches?
Re: Lock Fail [message #1728814 is a reply to message #1728613] Thu, 07 April 2016 14:56 Go to previous message
Vanesai Xiong is currently offline Vanesai XiongFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: April 2016
Junior Member
Update #4: Deleting the branches, and re-fetching didn't work (still fetched as upper case).

Solution: Delete the repository, and use command line to clone the project (fetches correct case). Hopefully future branches do not cause any issues.
Previous Topic:No Git commands on Team menu
Next Topic:How to do "git log --oneline --decorate" in JGit
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue May 21 19:27:55 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01876 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top