Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » B3 » maven result with strictMavenVersions : invalid version numbers in maven-metadata.xml
maven result with strictMavenVersions : invalid version numbers in maven-metadata.xml [message #1728022] Wed, 30 March 2016 10:22
German Vega is currently offline German VegaFriend
Hello

I am trying to use the aggregator to produce a maven mirror of a p2 update site.

Every things work ok, but I would like to have strict maven versions, as discussed in bug 314992. This is important for me, as I would like the maven users of the repository to use version ranges, instead of specific version numbers.

Everything seems to work, I have the good repository layout and file naming convention :
index.php/fa/25469/0/

However, the version numbers in the file maven-metadata.xml are not correct, and this produces errors on my build :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII"?>
<metadata xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/METADATA/1.0.0">
  <groupId>org.eclipse.uml2</groupId>
  <artifactId>org.eclipse.uml2.common</artifactId>
  <version>1</version>
  <versioning>
    <release>2.0.1.v20150202-0947</release>
    <versions>
      <version>2.0.1.v20150202-0947</version>
    </versions>
    <lastUpdated>20160330115745</lastUpdated>
  </versioning>
</metadata>

Notice that they use major.minor.third.qualifier and not major.minor.third-qualifier

I attach a minimal b3 model with my use case, to see if you can reproduce the problem.

Just for information, my use-case is to produce a maven repository to be able to build standalone applications that depend on eclipse/UML2 using maven. I am using b3 as downloaded from the 4.4 update site

Thanks
Previous Topic:Producing a maven repository with B3
Next Topic:includeSource equivalent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:17:05 GMT 2024