Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Can not run compiled exe
Can not run compiled exe [message #1727965] Tue, 29 March 2016 22:36 Go to next message
David Balažic is currently offline David BalažicFriend
I installed "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers"
Version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)
Build id: 20160218-0600
(eclipse-cpp-mars-2-win32-x86_64.zip)

and created an example Hello World C++ project.

The created cpp file compiles OK, but when started (Run As) it crashes (name.exe has stopped working - the usual Windows error dialog)

Interestingly Debug As works fine.*

I have Windows 8.1 64 bit and cygwin (up to date, 32 bit).

What could be the cause?

* except that the debugger can not find the source file by itself

Regards,
David
Re: Can not run compiled exe [message #1727971 is a reply to message #1727965] Wed, 30 March 2016 00:26 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
The only way I've been able to get CDT to debug or run a program is by establishing a launch configuration then selecting it for execution.
Run --> Run, Run --> Debug, Run-->RunAs, etc. all fail for me saying "Binary not found"

The launch configuration can be reached by selecting one of the "xxx Configurations" in the Run menu or by using the drop down arrows next to the Run/Debug icons on the tool bar.

There is really only one launch configuration sans Run/Debug flavors but the dialog changes slightly depending on the way you reached it. That is to say, Run and Debug use the same configuration.

Try creating a launch configuration using Run-->Run Configurations... (or Debug or Profile) then launch it using the launch button in the lower right (labelled Run or Debug ) and later by using Run --> History. Or use the tool bar buttons.
Previous Topic:JAPANESE FONT
Next Topic:Installing C++ IDE in Java IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:26:09 GMT 2024