Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How can i increase the log level of egit/jgit
How can i increase the log level of egit/jgit [message #1727603] Thu, 24 March 2016 11:24 Go to next message
Anselm D. is currently offline Anselm D.Friend
Sometimes the egit /jgit makes intelligent decisions, depending of the environment (for me sometimes it is too intelligent). So sometime i am am not aware of what happens in the background. e.g. putting cygpath.exe in the windows path/java.library.path influences which shell is called.

I would like to now about such decisions, so my question is: how can i increase the log level of egit/jgit so i am getting aware of such behavior?
Re: How can i increase the log level of egit/jgit [message #1727900 is a reply to message #1727603] Tue, 29 March 2016 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anselm D. is currently offline Anselm D.Friend
If there would be a (good) logging, i could find this problem in minutes:

Bug 489871 RFE: Option to disable use of GIT_SSH inside Eclipse
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=489871

Instead of this, i am wasting my time using os monitoring tools to find it, why egit does not connect to our git server.
Re: How can i increase the log level of egit/jgit [message #1729408 is a reply to message #1727900] Wed, 13 April 2016 22:09 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
JGit installed with EGit Eclipse logs using log4j, unfortunately Eclipse doesn't provide a way to change log4j configuration at runtime
and output the log in the Eclipse log. Someone would need to implement a bridge between log4j and the Eclipse logging system.
There are some Eclipse projects which did something like that, though I can't find the bug at the moment
Previous Topic:JGit, Amazon S3 and Windows -
Next Topic:Does jgit support auto gc?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:18:28 GMT 2024