|Re: About Extending Metamodels [message #1728270 is a reply to message #1727240]
||Fri, 01 April 2016 13:21
| Bugra M. Yildiz
Registered: July 2014
I have attached a minimal example project. I hope the names are self explanatory. In any case, some description:
- There are two metamodels: MetamodelA and its extension MetamodelA_Extension.
- There is a metaclass MetaclassA in MetamodelA which has two children metaclasses Sub1 (in MetamodelA) and Sub2 (in MetamodelA_extension).
- I wish to create one model whose root is Root metaclass (in MetamodelA) and still able to include instances of Sub2 in the same model.
I want to mention a few points related to my metamodel creation process, as well (maybe it leads to this problem).
1. To refer to MetamodelA in MetamodelA_Extension, I right-click on the Exeed editor (NOT menu) and choose "Load Resources", then choose "Browse Registered Packages". The registered MetamodelA does not appear in "Development Time Version", but it appears in "Runtime version". When I choose it in the "Runtime version" list, a pop-up window says: "Information: Runtime packages are not displayed in the editor. Reason..." . But I still can't refer to elements in MetamodelA.
2. After the failure in Step 1, I generate Emfatic source from MetamodelA_Extension and manually add the import statement which imports MetamodelA. I have tried two ways. The first way is referring to local metamodel file,
The second way is to refer directly to URL
Still no success. I really thank for your time and effort.
[Updated on: Fri, 01 April 2016 13:23]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01751 seconds