Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to specify pom.xml in maven build for "run as configuration"
How to specify pom.xml in maven build for "run as configuration" [message #1726747] Wed, 16 March 2016 07:15 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Hello, I have a maven project for a Web application. I have been able to run it when I click the project root name and "run as" ->"run on server". However, if I want to "run configuration", and I select "maven build", I received a build error. It seems Eclipse can't find the pom.xml under the root directory of the project. How can I specify the pom.xml in the 'run configuration' panel? Please see the photo.

Error message:
[WARNING] The POM for com.bword.core:nlp:jar:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available
Failed to execute goal on project bword: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.bword.core:bword:war:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact

Thank you.
  • Attachment: argument.png
    (Size: 99.28KB, Downloaded 216 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2016 07:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to specify pom.xml in maven build for "run as configuration" [message #1726794 is a reply to message #1726747] Wed, 16 March 2016 14:31 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 03/16/2016 01:15 AM, Missing name Mising name wrote:
> Hello, I have a maven project for a Web application. I have been able to run it when I click the project root name and "run as" ->"run on server". However, if I want to "run configuration", and I select "maven build", I received a build error. It seems Eclipse can't find the pom.xml under the root directory of the project. How can I specify the pom.xml in the 'run configuration' panel? Please see the photo.
>
> Thank you.

If you don't get an answer here, I would suggest the Eclipse WTP (web
tools platform) forum.
Previous Topic:JRE problem and problem with Eclipse IDE not displaying anything in preview
Next Topic:Looking for similar features available in Visual Studio in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:32:46 GMT 2024