Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Issue with Standalone debugger and runtime directory
Issue with Standalone debugger and runtime directory [message #1726671] Tue, 15 March 2016 15:00 Go to next message
Tommy Petty is currently offline Tommy PettyFriend
I am having an issue with the Standalone CDT debugger. It seems that when it starts up, it changes the CWD of it's process to ~/workspace-cdtdebug/Executables. The issue is the program I am trying to debug has command line parameters that are relative paths to the CWD of where I launched the debugger. How can I tell the CDT debugger to set the runtime directory of the process it is launching?
Re: Issue with Standalone debugger and runtime directory [message #1726707 is a reply to message #1726671] Tue, 15 March 2016 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc-André Laperle is currently offline Marc-André LaperleFriend
Hi tommy. I was able to reproduce the issue. Could you create a bug in bugzilla for that? https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=CDT

As a workaround, you can go to Run > Debug Configurations. Then select the configuration on the left (it should be names with your executable name). Then on the right pane, select the Arguments tab. At the bottom, you will be able to select a different working directory.

Of course, the best would be if it was set by default to the right thing (the Stand-alone debugger's CWD).
Re: Issue with Standalone debugger and runtime directory [message #1726797 is a reply to message #1726707] Wed, 16 March 2016 15:01 Go to previous message
Tommy Petty is currently offline Tommy PettyFriend
Ok, bug created.

I was able to confirm that setting the directory manual did work around the issue.
Previous Topic:"Open element" function's weird behavior
Next Topic:Compiler starts linking after first source file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:53:54 GMT 2024