Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » creating C source file in Java project(I have a Java project that uses a C library, I need to create C source files in the project)
creating C source file in Java project [message #1726603] Tue, 15 March 2016 02:06 Go to next message
Chuck Crisler is currently offline Chuck CrislerFriend
I posted this question in the C/C++ forum last week but haven't gotten an answer.

I am using Mars.1 with a recent (latest?) CDT on Fedora 23 Linux. I have a Java project defined that will use C/JNI for media. I am trying to create the C files within the Java project, like typical JNI examples. All of that seems to be supported but, the 'New Source File' dialog doesn't seem to allow me to enter or select a folder and I can't continue until I have done that. I have created a dedicated folder under my Java/project src folder within Eclipse (R-click on the src folder, new/other/C/C++/Source Folder) so the IDE should 'know' about the folder. Then R-click in the folder/new/other/C/C++/Source File to bring up the wizard. There are 2 edit fields, one labeled 'Source folder' and the other 'Source file'. I cannot get the IDE to recognize the source folder no matter what I do. The status field either states that the source folder name is empty or that the folder doesn't exist. I have tried entering the folder name relative to the Java src folder (which is where it is) and absolute. When I use the 'Browse' button, nothing is displayed except a status message 'No entries available'. I have verified that the folder that i created has been created on disk in the desired place. The help that is available on the 'New Source File' dialog doesn't address the 'Source folder' field.

Does anyone know how to create new source files?

Thank you,
Chuck Crisler
Re: creating C source file in Java project [message #1726616 is a reply to message #1726603] Tue, 15 March 2016 06:49 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
I have answered your original question: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1726615/#msg_1726615
Previous Topic:Dynamically changing MPart label is not reflected in UI
Next Topic:Importing a class from a hosted plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 29 11:09:15 GMT 2022