Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Product Export Wizard exports wrong versions of plugins(Plugin dependencies apparently not resolved by Product Export Wizard from correct bundle pool)
Product Export Wizard exports wrong versions of plugins [message #1726011] Wed, 09 March 2016 04:00
Joe Fernandez is currently offline Joe FernandezFriend
I am creating Eclipse products based on plugins.

I can create a launch configuration with a .product file that resolves dependencies on plugins and launches and runs successfully. However when I use the Product Export Wizard it resolves the dependencies using older versions of the plugins and the exported product naturally will not launch.

In more detail:

This is an Eclipse Mars.2 release 4.5.2 installation.

The latest versions of the plugins are stored by Oomph when it updates in a bundle pool.

However PDE seems to maintain its own bundle pool in a metadata directory in the workspace. This bundle pool is not getting updated when software updates are performed to the Eclipse installation.

The launch configuration and manifest editor and the Target Definition all seem to be aware of the latest versions.

However the Product Export Wizard seems not to use the launch configuration but to resolve from the PDE metadata bundle pool, ignoring version information in the launch configuration. The result is that the exported product will no longer run.

Is there some setting for the Product Export Wizard that will point it at the right bundle pool?
Previous Topic:Capturing user events ( mouse and keyboard)
Next Topic:Get Eclipse PDE to automatically use jars specified in build-classpath in manifest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:54:36 GMT 2024