Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » External tools, outputting to console, and clicking on output to go to line
icon5.gif  External tools, outputting to console, and clicking on output to go to line [message #1726003] Tue, 08 March 2016 23:17
Albert Wiersch is currently offline Albert WierschFriend
I'm trying to integrate Eclipse with my HTML & CSS validation tool using the external tools feature.

I have gotten it to work to the degree that I see the output (the validator messages) in a "Console" tab.

Unfortunately I cannot click on these messages to be taken to the correct line number in the source document.

From my research this does not seem to be possible and that's really unfortunate since the capability seems to be there to do this when not using an external tool.

Am I missing something? Can I specify some sort of parser to parse the output of an external tool to get a line number so a user can click on a message and go to the right place?

Or can I output the messages in a format that Eclipse will automatically be able to parse or recognize so it can take the me to the correct source line when I click on a message in the Console output?

Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2016 01:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:JSP Support in maven eclipse Jetty 9.2.6
Next Topic:JAX-RS project, using Maven and deploying with Tomcat, not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 26 11:21:20 GMT 2020