Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Raspberry Pi platform support
Raspberry Pi platform support [message #1724959] Sat, 27 February 2016 23:14 Go to next message
Long Tran Phu is currently offline Long Tran PhuFriend
Hello,
I would like to ask about the compatibility of the I/O in some extension board for raspberry Pi
I have researched and found some of the extension module.
First board is : raspberry-sps.de

Second board is : www.pixtend.de/pixtend/

Those look like Commelon C1 PLC as supported.
However, I don't know if the 4diac / FORTE can support to detect and use those IO extension from these 2 devices.
If yes, could you please tell me the way.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Raspberry Pi platform support [message #1724988 is a reply to message #1724959] Sun, 28 February 2016 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

this strongly depends on how the board is attached to the Raspi. If the extension board is just connected to the GPIOs you can use the sysfs module which is already provided with FORTE 1.8 M1. However many extension boards like the two you are mentioning are using I2C or SPI as connection mechanism. For these boards board specific code is required. A first version for teh Raspberry-sps.de can be found in the git repository [1] and will be part of FORTE 1.8. M2. However please note that there are still some issues with the analogue values.

We don't have a pixtend available for implementing the required interfacing code. But we are happy to support you or include such code if someone has it.

Cheers,
Alois

[1] https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.4diac/developer
Re: Raspberry Pi platform support [message #1725629 is a reply to message #1724988] Sat, 05 March 2016 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your answer.
I have order the modules.
However I am now facing the problem of using 4Diac and Raspberry Pi.
I have install Forte in Raspberry Pi.
However I don't know how to download the application to raspberry Pi. I tried to use Xplus3 sample application and changed the ip address in MGR_ID in the sample as similar as my raspberry pi 's ip addr but I could not download the program. The IDE say x.x.x.x:61499 connection refused.

Could you please give me a clear instruction how to use 4Diac for raspberry pi.
The version is 4Diac 1.8 with compiled Forte.
Thank you so much
  • Attachment: Capture1.PNG
    (Size: 30.32KB, Downloaded 185 times)
Re: Raspberry Pi platform support [message #1725646 is a reply to message #1725629] Sat, 05 March 2016 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

HI,

In principle as you described your setup seems to be correct. Are your PC and your raspi in the same ethernet network? Have you started FORTE on your raspberrypi (e.g., by connecting with ssh and invoking ./forte on the raspi)?

Cheers,
Alois
Re: Raspberry Pi platform support [message #1725658 is a reply to message #1725646] Sat, 05 March 2016 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
After running the Forte in raspberry, the download process is fine. However, I got the problem of the application. When I tried to type some number into, it could not show the result. I have searched and found this link. I tried to solve the same but it could not work for me.
Here is the link.

sourceforge.net/p/fordiac/discussion/708249/thread/918eb215/

I have also another problem which maybe related to that.
I run the Xplus3 in Window 10. It works fine.
I run the Xplus3 in Linux Mint 17. It couldn't work. The same problems as the Raspberry. ( enter number but not so the result )

I hope you have faced the problems and could give me some advice.
If it relates to the Firewall, could you please tell me the way of doing it on Linux. ( The Window 10 has the popup of firewall access but Linux doesnt have )
Re: Raspberry Pi platform support [message #1725683 is a reply to message #1725658] Sun, 06 March 2016 19:55 Go to previous message

Hi,

i would guess that it has something todo with your Linux network setup. As application we normaly don't have much control on the routing of UDP multicast packets. This has to be done with some routing configuration in your os. So the first question I typically ask how many network interfaces you have running? As network interface counts WIFI, cable, or also USB connection to Raspi or Beaglbone if you have Ethernet over USB enabled. In order to ensure that your udp packets are routed between FORTE and FBRT you need to have a loopback dive runing and also rout the multicast packets over them.

I hope this helps.

Alois
Previous Topic:Developing new Function Blocks
Next Topic:Structured text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:54:36 GMT 2024