Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » how to change some placeholders while compile time of eclipse(replace Strings in web.xml and some resource files while eclipse deployment )
how to change some placeholders while compile time of eclipse [message #1724789] Fri, 26 February 2016 06:21
Maghiz Mannan is currently offline Maghiz MannanFriend
HI Good Morning,
we have 3 level of environment. so once committed to svn, maven deploy to each environment. it is working fine.

i configured that JBOSS structure project into my eclipse via some custom changes in deployment descriptor.

it is also compile correctly and place to JBOSS server correctly. no issues. But i have some resources property file and web.xml file is inside the project. it has some place holders for example (${sia}). if i change manually to ${sia} instant of what i need (for example DOC) means. so svn local file is also changed then every time i have to revert or leave those files and committed to SVN . it asks when i commit to SVN. i forgot i checked those files and committed means SVN files also changed. so i wan to avoid those issues.

So that i am finding in eclipse, while deployment time string replacement option is available or not. If yes means how to do that. we can not set environment variable because i am using those place holders in web.xml also.

Please help ASAP.
Previous Topic:Synchronized, but not Published
Next Topic:WTP How to contribute
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 23 15:45:16 GMT 2018