Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Spring Boot + EclipseLink + Tomcat Connection Pool(Best Approach for Connection Pooling)
Spring Boot + EclipseLink + Tomcat Connection Pool [message #1724375] Tue, 23 February 2016 12:34
Srikanth Narisetty is currently offline Srikanth NarisettyFriend

I am writing a Spring Boot application and configured Eclipselink as a JPA provider. I would like to disable Eclipselink external and internal connection pools and use tomcat to provide connection to Eclipselink.

Could you suggest is this approach is good to go? If I have to give pooling to Eclipselink control, I wouldn't be able to use spring orm and jpa features. Several things happens behind the scenes such as EntityManagerFactory and EntityManager I have to manage in application.

My questions are:

Which one is better/smooth approach with Spring Boot + Eclipselink for connection pooling.

How to disable/enable eclipselink internal or external connection pools. Looking at the documentation I couldn't get clear idea.

Thank you for your help!
Previous Topic:Spring Boot With Eclipselink - ClassCastException: $Proxy80 cannot be casted to OracleConnection
Next Topic:JPQL with a join fetch on a entity with a lazy fetch attribute.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:19:12 GMT 2024