|Updating error markers after invoking validate [message #1724320]
||Tue, 23 February 2016 07:31
| Larry LeBron
Registered: October 2015
In my project, I'm invoking validation when certain conditions are met, which should flip an EObject from valid/invalid.|
I see the validator get called, but the error markings in the Eclipse UI do not seem to stay reliably in sync.
If I'm working within one resource, everything updates perfectly, but if I'm making changes which affect an EObject in a separate resource, I see cases where:
- an old error marker remains, despite invoking a new validation which generates no errors for the EObject
- a new error marker is not created, despite invoking a new validation which generates errors for the EObject
I've tried invoking validation via both Diagnostician.validate and IResourceValidator.validate.
Closing and reopening the resource (file) causes the markers to update to the current state.
Is there any way to make an efficient update call for error markings in the eclipse UI to handle this?
EDIT for clarity:
The specific error markers I'm referring to are:
- Red x icon on project, src folder, package and file in package explorer
- Red x icon in left margin of editor window
- Red x icon in bottom left of file editor tab
- Red highlight under editor text
- Error description in problems view
[Updated on: Wed, 24 February 2016 06:14]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02540 seconds