Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problems With Java Based Eclipse File(Source not found message, and MemsBuilderContribution)
Problems With Java Based Eclipse File [message #1724279] Mon, 22 February 2016 17:56 Go to next message
Abe TC is currently offline Abe TCFriend
Hello All,

We are attempting to create an mph model of a TPC (Time Projection Chamber) in a software called COMSOL through Eclipse. This method successfully creates the mph file (COMSOL file) for all geometries we attempt to build with our java code, but when we increase the size of our total geometry past a certain point, computation is unsuccessful within COMSOL. We are able to open the file, but when attempting to compute a study of Electric Field, we receive an error message.

This is strange, because all we have done in the java code to go from a computing simulation to one which does not compute and gives us an error, is the changing of a single variable that just increases the length of our TPC. Based on the contents of the error log from the terminal during this error, and a screenshot from the Eclipse debugging which I have attached to this post, we suspect that the problem causing this is either:

-A problem with the COMSOL 5.0 Jar files on our machine,
-Some sort of memory issue with Eclipse's compiling of the code. Perhaps this is telling us there will eventually be a memory limit in what can be computed

If anyone could take a look at these error and debug messages to offer ideas, it would be tremendously appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Problems With Java Based Eclipse File [message #1724299 is a reply to message #1724279] Mon, 22 February 2016 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
Hi,

You DID notice the root element text in the Stack trace (Debug) view? If
not I can mark it for you :)

Felix
Re: Problems With Java Based Eclipse File [message #1724462 is a reply to message #1724299] Wed, 24 February 2016 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Dorner wrote on Mon, 22 February 2016 21:42
Hi,

You DID notice the root element text in the Stack trace (Debug) view? If
not I can mark it for you Smile

Felix

Hello Felix,

Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about. Could you please point this out for me? Also, could this indicate a problem in our code?

Thanks

Re: Problems With Java Based Eclipse File [message #1724525 is a reply to message #1724462] Wed, 24 February 2016 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
On 24-Feb-16 06:37, Abe TC wrote:
> Felix Dorner wrote on Mon, 22 February 2016 21:42
>> Hi,
>>
>> You DID notice the root element text in the Stack trace (Debug) view?
>> If not I can mark it for you :)
>>
>> Felix
>
>
> Hello Felix,
>
> Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about.
You have an OutOfMemoryError. It's written right there.. I really don't
know if that's a problem with your code. Just give it some more memory
and try :)
Re: Problems With Java Based Eclipse File [message #1724613 is a reply to message #1724525] Wed, 24 February 2016 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Felix,

I'm currently attempting to see if my attempt at increasing memory was successful. Based on information I found from this link:

"stackoverflow.com/questions/2610194/how-can-i-give-eclipse-more-memory-than-512m"

I have edited my Eclipse configuration settings file to read:

-startup
../../../.p2/pool/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.100.v20150511-1540.jar
--launcher.library
../../../.p2/pool/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.300.v20150602-1417
-product
org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
512M
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
512m
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
--launcher.appendVmargs
-install
C:/Users/Abe/eclipse/java-mars/eclipse
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6
-Xms1536m
-Xmx2048m
-Doomph.update.url=http://download.eclipse.org/oomph/updates/milestone/latest
-Doomph.redirection.index.redirection=index:/->http://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/plain/setups/

I'm currently seeing if this will work, but I'm unsure if I've successfully added more memory. Does this look correct to you?

Thanks again!
-Abe
Re: Problems With Java Based Eclipse File [message #1724614 is a reply to message #1724525] Wed, 24 February 2016 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again Felix,

I am currently checking if I successfully added more memory, which I did so by adjusting my Eclipse Configuration Settings file to read what I've attached to this post. I should find out if this works shortly, but does that look ok?

Thanks again!
-Abe
  • Attachment: eclipse.ini
    (Size: 0.74KB, Downloaded 129 times)
Re: Problems With Java Based Eclipse File [message #1724615 is a reply to message #1724525] Wed, 24 February 2016 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Dorner wrote on Wed, 24 February 2016 11:35

You have an OutOfMemoryError. It's written right there.. I really don't
know if that's a problem with your code. Just give it some more memory
and try Smile

Hello again Felix,

I've attempted to add more memory to Eclipse by adjusting my Eclipse Configuration Settings file, which I have attached to this post. I should find out shortly if this works by seeing if my file computes within the COMSOL software, but is there anything wrong that sticks out?

Thanks again!
-Abe

• Attachment: eclipse.ini
    (Size: 0.74KB, Downloaded 161 times)
Re: Problems With Java Based Eclipse File [message #1724621 is a reply to message #1724615] Wed, 24 February 2016 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
The settings in eclipse.ini control the JVM that Eclipse itself runs in, not the JVM that applications you write and run from Eclipse run in. To configure your application's JVM settings, you have to edit its Launch Configuration.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 February 2016 21:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems With Java Based Eclipse File [message #1724767 is a reply to message #1724621] Thu, 25 February 2016 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Eric,

I'm currently looking at the Launch Configurations, but I cannot find where to alter the allocated memory. I have attached a file of what I see, is there something obvious I'm missing? Also, thank you for the reply!

-Abe
Re: Problems With Java Based Eclipse File [message #1724887 is a reply to message #1724767] Fri, 26 February 2016 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
On the Arguments tab you can specify JVM arguments, including the options to increase heap size, etc.
Re: Problems With Java Based Eclipse File [message #1725493 is a reply to message #1724887] Thu, 03 March 2016 20:45 Go to previous message
Hello,

We have attempted to allocate more memory to the applications that are being written in and run in eclipse, but we receive the same error when trying to compute something of slightly greater size than of something that already works without memory adjustment.

I have attached to this post this attempt at a memory increase, and also have attached the error log received in COMSOL when our files fails to compute. It seems to indicate that some java API's have an 'unknown source'. Could this be why our file isn't computing? And how would we correctly identify the sources of these files to Eclipse? I believe our build path is correct but this is something I will look more into these next few days.

Thanks,
Abe

index.php/fa/25171/0/
index.php/fa/25172/0/

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2016 20:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:GUI
Next Topic:Cannot Delete Folder(s)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:29:28 GMT 2024