Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Combobox Multiselection setData
Combobox Multiselection setData [message #1723970] Fri, 19 February 2016 10:39 Go to next message
Martin Jacob is currently offline Martin JacobFriend
Hi,

I am using a combobox with multi selection and checkboxes in a nattable. All works well.
I noticed the setData method of BodyDataProvider is call every time the check box get selected. This
means also there is a notification about the selection of the single check box.

I would prefer to have only one call to setData of the BodyDataProvider after checking all relevant
check boxes or in other words after losing focus of the combobox.

Is there an option to tell the combobox to set the data after focus lost instead of after each
single checkbox selection?

My problem is a relatively long update process after changing the selected items in the combobox.
This process/job brings up a progress bar which makes me loosing focus of the combobox....

Any hints are appreciated.

Martin
Re: Combobox Multiselection setData [message #1723987 is a reply to message #1723970] Fri, 19 February 2016 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Quote:
Is there an option to tell the combobox to set the data after focus lost instead of after each single checkbox selection?

No. Implement your own combobox that behaves the way you like it. You can extend the NatTable implementation and add your own logic for focus lost events and avoid the rest somehow
Re: Combobox Multiselection setData [message #1724219 is a reply to message #1723987] Mon, 22 February 2016 10:42 Go to previous message
Martin Jacob is currently offline Martin JacobFriend
noted, any way thanks for all the cool features of nattable

Dirk Fauth schrieb am 19.02.2016 um 14:29:
> Quote:
>> Is there an option to tell the combobox to set the data after focus lost instead of after each
>> single checkbox selection?
>
>
> No. Implement your own combobox that behaves the way you like it. You can extend the NatTable
> implementation and add your own logic for focus lost events and avoid the rest somehow
Previous Topic:header disappears on ubuntu when scrolling
Next Topic:Custom Tree row rendering
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:15:49 GMT 2024