Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Compiling RWT from source
icon7.gif  Compiling RWT from source [message #1723438] Mon, 15 February 2016 17:04 Go to next message
Brotenet Brotenet is currently offline Brotenet BrotenetFriend
Hello everyone,

I have compiled RWT from source and it did not give me any errors, but when I import it into a standalone RWT project (running on Jetty) I recieve the following errors on application start-up:

java.lang.RuntimeException: [b]Failed to register resources[/b] 	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.resources.ClientResources.registerResources([b]ClientResources.java:76[/b])

which basicalli refers to the following code:
registerTextResource( "resource/static/html/blank.html" );

and afterwards I get :
java.io.IOException: Failed to load resource: client.js at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.resources.ClientResources.registerJavascriptFiles(ClientResources.java:91)

which is referring to :
append( contentBuffer, CLIENT_JS );

I've check if the files where missing, but both are in their packages as the should.

This is my first attempt to compile RWT from source, so I could be going all wrong on this from the beginning..

Can anyone provide any help on this or point me towards any existing documentation on compiling RWT? (if there is any)

Below is my full stack trace:
2016-02-15 18:42:51.447:INFO:oejs.Server:jetty-8.1.14.v20131031
org.w3c.css.sac.CSSException: Failed to read property background-image: Failed to read image: resource/widget/rap/menu/arrow.gif
org.w3c.css.sac.CSSException: Failed to read property background-color: Failed to parse color e9e9e9
org.w3c.css.sac.CSSException: Failed to read property color: Failed to parse color e9e9e9
org.w3c.css.sac.CSSException: Failed to read property background-color: Failed to parse color e9e9e9
2016-02-15 18:42:52.064:WARN:oejw.WebAppContext:Failed startup of context o.e.j.w.WebAppContext{/,file:/opt/GIT/tests/rwt3/WebContent/},/opt/GIT/tests/rwt3/WebContent
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to register resources
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.resources.ClientResources.registerResources(ClientResources.java:76)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.application.ApplicationContextImpl.doActivate(ApplicationContextImpl.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.application.ApplicationContextImpl.activate(ApplicationContextImpl.java:244)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.application.ApplicationRunner.start(ApplicationRunner.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.engine.RWTServletContextListener.contextInitialized(RWTServletContextListener.java:51)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ContextHandler.java:782)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ServletContextHandler.java:424)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:774)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:249)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1242)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:717)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:494)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:64)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:95)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:282)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:64)
	at net.sourceforge.eclipsejetty.starter.embedded.JettyEmbeddedAdapter.start(JettyEmbeddedAdapter.java:67)
	at net.sourceforge.eclipsejetty.starter.common.AbstractJettyLauncherMain.launch(AbstractJettyLauncherMain.java:85)
	at net.sourceforge.eclipsejetty.starter.embedded.JettyEmbeddedLauncherMain.main(JettyEmbeddedLauncherMain.java:42)
Caused by: 
java.io.IOException: Failed to load resource: client.js
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.resources.ClientResources.append(ClientResources.java:105)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.resources.ClientResources.registerJavascriptFiles(ClientResources.java:91)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.resources.ClientResources.registerResources(ClientResources.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.application.ApplicationContextImpl.doActivate(ApplicationContextImpl.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.application.ApplicationContextImpl.activate(ApplicationContextImpl.java:244)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.application.ApplicationRunner.start(ApplicationRunner.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.rap.rwt.engine.RWTServletContextListener.contextInitialized(RWTServletContextListener.java:51)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ContextHandler.java:782)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ServletContextHandler.java:424)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:774)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:249)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1242)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:717)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:494)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:95)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:282)
	at net.sourceforge.eclipsejetty.starter.embedded.JettyEmbeddedAdapter.start(JettyEmbeddedAdapter.java:67)
	at net.sourceforge.eclipsejetty.starter.common.AbstractJettyLauncherMain.launch(AbstractJettyLauncherMain.java:85)
	at net.sourceforge.eclipsejetty.starter.embedded.JettyEmbeddedLauncherMain.main(JettyEmbeddedLauncherMain.java:42)
2016-02-15 18:42:52.075:INFO:oejs.AbstractConnector:Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8080
Re: Compiling RWT from source [message #1723494 is a reply to message #1723438] Tue, 16 February 2016 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,
are you running your app in development mode (there is a checkbox in the
launch config dialog)? If not, you need to build the JS client first -
see "releng/org.eclipse.rap.clientbuilderorg.eclipse.rap.clientbuilder".
Just use the included launch config.
HTH,
Ivan

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: Compiling RWT from source [message #1723496 is a reply to message #1723438] Tue, 16 February 2016 07:56 Go to previous message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
.... BTW are you using RAP sources from Git or you are importing the RAP
bundles "as source bundles" from target platform?

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Previous Topic:Trigger dispose of wizard when browser refreshes
Next Topic:svg
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:53:25 GMT 2024