Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Obtaining a different value from what is being shown while inputting parameters(I am displaying a dropdown for user to select data but what I am showing in dropdown is shortform and I want the full form of that shortform that the user will select from dropdown. I have mapping of )
Obtaining a different value from what is being shown while inputting parameters [message #1723086] Thu, 11 February 2016 13:52
Sushil Kumar Sah is currently offline Sushil Kumar SahFriend
index.php/fa/24959/0/

As can be seen in the above image, I want the user to select EntityType from the dropdown. And the user selects RNC_Utrancell. But this is the short name for user convenience. I want to use the full name which is present in DB as shown in below image.

index.php/fa/24958/0/

The above image shows mapping between the short name and full name. I have taken it in output column of a dataset which is getting data from DB.

Finally, when I use in the code as shown in below image, I should get entityType = params["entityType"].value; //here the variable entityType should give me full name i.e
ericsson_rnc_1_nedn_subnetwork1_nedn_subnetwork2_nedn_mecontext_man... as can be seen in the mapping of short name and full name

index.php/fa/24960/0/

Thanks for any help.
Previous Topic:Bubble Chart: Change bubble size using a script
Next Topic:exception occur while generate the report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:51:31 GMT 2024